Intermediate to Senior Interior Architect / Interior Designer
Revery is a Vancouver-based and internationally recognized architecture, urban design and planning, and interior design practice renowned for providing innovative and unique customized solutions for our global clients. Our design-oriented practice brings decades of experience in creating world-class academic and research institutions, sophisticated libraries, performing arts and cultural facilities, community recreation centres and mixed-use residential buildings. Revery has successfully executed diverse projects around the world and thrives on designing unique, complex and inspiring buildings that embrace form, functionality, and comfort as effortlessly and respectfully as they do health, the environment, and overall performance.
Whether it’s a building, an interior, or an urban landscape, Revery’s innovative design process effectively navigates the complexities and challenges inherent in each commission. Our dedicated team combines decades of in-depth expertise with exceptional creative talent to successfully accentuate the beauty and latent opportunities intrinsic to each project’s site, program, and purpose.
We are looking for talented and creative individuals to support Revery’s exceptional portfolio of institutional, public, commercial, and residential projects.
Role and Key Responsibilities
- Integrate with Revery’s approach to Interior design that is cohesive with the innovative and transformative buildings we create
- Work with our architectural design team to take on a leading interior design role in the project process, including design, client interaction, project management and consultant coordination
- Support or lead various projects spanning across various scales from concept to completion
- Participate in the development of the functional program, project vision and other pre-design efforts
- Prepare design-focused presentation materials required to convey the design intent and present to clients
- Lead in a project team setting, prepare design pin-ups, material sample boards and project supporting design models
- Actively build relationships with clients throughout the project process and participate in client presentations
- Produce design and contract documentation in alignment with Revery’s standard of quality, client program and budget needs.
- Coordinate with project consultants (SMEP), contractors and vendors
- Coordinate with Revery’s building envelope team to ensure the interior integration within the architectural context
- Prepare, coordinate and oversee project related schedules (e.g. Room-finish, FF&E, Accessories, Signage, etc.)
- Prepare and coordinate the drawing package, inclusive of technical details to help clarify design intent
- Prepare outline specifications and assist with detailed specification development
- Create work plans, drawing lists, scope of services, budgets and staffing requirements on larger scale projects, jointly with the Project Architect
- Spearhead the Building Permit process and liaison with the municipalities
- Keep current with innovative, sustainable and forward-thinking design strategies and technologies, including research of products and materials, and meeting with representatives of the Interior design industry.
- Work with Revery’s librarian to ensure product library is up to date and in line with Revery’s aesthetical approach
- Select interior systems, fixtures, materials and finishes
- Assist with Contract Administration, answer RFIs, prepare Sis, and review shop-drawings related to the Interior Design scope of the projects
- Attend site visits during construction to ensure quality control and compliance with client requirements
Candidate Capabilities and Credentials
- Recognized education in Interior Design or Interior Architecture
- NCIDQ certification is an asset
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in a variety of market sectors, including office, retail, educational and residential projects
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills, individually and as team player
- Excellent graphic communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding time management skills and self-motivated approach are critical to your success in this role
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Creative thinker with strong technical knowledge and technical drawing experience with Revit (beneficial) and Auto Cad
- Expertise in BIM technologies for the development of 3D models of interiors and their components
- Working understanding and application of accessibility codes, applicable building and life safety codes and bylaws on a wide variety of project scopes and complexity
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Casual, fun and creative office atmosphere
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career as a member of our team
- The immediate ability to make a difference
- Professional development opportunities
Please submit a cover letter describing why you are the perfect fit for this role and for Revery, your resume, and a portfolio of work you are proud of.
How to Apply
If you have the experience and qualifications outlined above, please email your resume, cover letter and portfolio in a single PDF file (max 10 MB) noting Interior Architect / Interior Designer in the subject line to:
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those being considered for the role will be contacted.