Revery is a Vancouver-based and internationally recognized architecture, urban design and planning, and interior design practice renowned for providing innovative and unique customized solutions for our global clients. Our design-oriented practice brings decades of experience in creating world-class academic and research institutions, sophisticated libraries, performing arts and cultural facilities, community recreation centres and mixed-use residential buildings. Revery has successfully executed diverse projects around the world and thrives on designing unique, complex and inspiring buildings that embrace form, functionality, and comfort as effortlessly and respectfully as they do health, the environment, and overall performance.
Whether it’s a building, an interior, or an urban landscape, Revery’s innovative design process effectively navigates the complexities and challenges inherent in each commission. Our dedicated team combines in-depth expertise with exceptional creative talent to successfully accentuate the beauty and latent opportunities intrinsic to each project’s site, program, and purpose.
We are looking for talented, passionate and driven individuals to support and augment Revery’s exceptional portfolio of institutional, public, commercial, and residential projects.
Role and Key Responsibilities
- Integrate with Revery’s unique approach to design and to the creation of innovative and transformative buildings
- Work with our Principals, senior team members, and the project teams to develop projects throughout all phases, from design to execution
- Lead or participate in presentations to clients, design panels, and other governing bodies
- Lead, direct, and manage internal design teams, including monitoring project financial performance
- Lead or support various design components or project activities, spanning from early concept to completion
- Direct and oversee the production of drawings and documentation, through the full design process or during a particular stage, ensuring completion in a timely and orderly manner, and in alignment with Revery’s high standard of quality
- Lead large project consultant teams to ensure tight coordination of drawings and Revit models between the disciplines
- Lead the development of accurate and complete specifications
- Lead the Construction Administration of projects, including site visits, and related office documentation
- Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to complex design challenges
- Prepare code compliance evaluations and lead reviews with governing compliance agencies
- Manage and mentor more junior architects to achieve extraordinary design solutions and outcomes
Candidate Capabilities and Credentials
- A minimum of 10 years of post-graduate experience in a variety of market sectors, with an emphasis on large residential or mixed-use developments
- Detailed understanding of regulatory codes and standards
- Thorough working knowledge of current construction materials and methods, and ability to create technical documents to accurately describe the work to be done
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills, individually and as team player
- Strong leader with outstanding time management and relationship-building skills
- Able to manage internal project team, and consultant groups
- Result-driven, open-minded, team-spirited, adaptable, and able to offer solutions
- Demonstrated creativity and mature architectural judgement in anticipating and solving unique architectural and technical challenge
- Passionate about learning new technologies and systems, and sharing with Revery’s team members
- Able to break down a bold vision into actionable challenges
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Fluency in Revit, Rhino and/or AutoCAD is an asset
- Experience from a leading Canadian or international design practice is an asset
- Registered Architect with AIBC (or eligible for AIBC registration)
- Eligible to legally work in Canada
- Opportunity to work on transformative, impactful and acclaimed projects
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Creative, casual, and fun studio atmosphere
- Diverse and inclusive workplace culture
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career as a member of our globally recognized, award-winning team
- The immediate ability to make a difference
- Professional development opportunities
Please submit a cover letter describing why you are the perfect fit for this role and for Revery, your resume, and a portfolio of work you are proud of.
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those considered for the position will be contacted.
How to Apply
If you have the experience and qualifications outlined above, please email your resume, cover letter and portfolio in a single PDF file (max 10 MB) noting Senior Architect: in the subject line to:
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those being considered for the role will be contacted.