Senior Architectural Technologist
Revery is a Vancouver‐based and internationally recognized architecture, urban design and planning, and interior design practice renowned for providing innovative and unique customized solutions for our global clients. Our design‐oriented practice brings decades of experience in creating world‐class academic and research institutions, sophisticated libraries, performing arts and cultural facilities, community recreation centres and mixed‐use residential buildings. Revery has successfully executed diverse projects around the world and thrives on designing unique, complex and inspiring buildings that embrace form, functionality, and comfort as effortlessly and respectfully as they do health, the environment, and overall performance.
Whether it’s a building, an interior, or an urban landscape, Revery’s innovative design process effectively navigates the complexities and challenges inherent in each commission. Our dedicated team combines in‐depth expertise with exceptional creative talent to successfully accentuate the beauty and latent opportunities intrinsic to each project’s site, program, and purpose.
We are looking for talented, passionate and driven individuals to support and augment Revery’s exceptional portfolio of institutional, public, commercial, and residential projects.
Role and Key Responsibilities
- Integrate with Revery’s unique approach to design and to the creation of innovative and transformative buildings.
- Work with our Principal, senior team members, and the project teams to develop projects throughout all project phases, with focus on the design development, construction documentation and construction administration phases of projects
- Lead as Job Captain on projects, working with a Project Architect; direct and manage junior team members in developing design documents
- Develop and manage the production of construction document packages, ensuring their completeness in coordination with the project schedule and in alignment with Revery’s high standard of quality
- Lead as Job Captain during Construction Administration of projects, including site visits, and related office documentation
- Coordinate with all disciplines of a project’s consultant teams to ensure tight coordination of drawings and Revit models between the disciplines.
- Lead the development of accurate and complete specifications
- Manage and mentor more junior team members to achieve extraordinary design solutions and outcomes
Candidate Capabilities and Credentials
- A minimum of 10 years of post‐graduate experience in a variety of market sectors, with an emphasis on large institutional or mixed‐use developments
- In‐depth understanding of the BCBC, VBBL, and other regulatory standardsThorough working knowledge of current construction materials and methods, and ability to create technical documents to accurately describe the work to be done
- Strong building technology knowledge with the ability to provide innovative technical solutions and details for complex design projects
- Strong knowledge of building construction practices, technologies and detailing
- Highly motivated, self‐directed with the drive to get things done accurately, on time
- Thrives in fast paced design environments with evolving, innovative design solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills, individually and as team player
- Result‐driven, open‐minded, team‐spirited, adaptable, and able to offer solutions
- Passionate about learning new technologies and systems, and sharing with Revery’s team members
- Able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Proficient in Revit and AutoCAD
- Experience from a leading Canadian or international design practice is an asset
- Eligible to legally work in Canada
- Opportunity to work on transformative, impactful and acclaimed projects
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Creative, casual, and fun studio atmosphere
- Diverse and inclusive workplace culture
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career as a member of our globally recognized, award winning team
- The immediate ability to make a difference
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter describing why you are the perfect fit for this role and for Revery, your resume, and a portfolio of work you are proud of to Jennifer Pritchard at: email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, only those considered for the position will be contacted.