Intermediate Architect / Architectural Technologist
Revery is a Vancouver-based and internationally recognized architecture, urban design and planning, and interior design practice renowned for providing innovative customized solutions for our clients. Our design-oriented studio is committed to a philosophy of ‘Building Beyond Buildings’ that aligns meaningful architecture with broader community initiatives to shape inspiring, authentically responsive spaces that vitalize human interactions, new perspectives, environmental stewardship, and well-being.
Our team of 40 hails from 17 countries and varied training, contributing to the rich international expertise, multi-cultural understanding, and passion of our firm. We pride ourselves on our diverse, open-minded perspective, and receptive approach. We are looking for talented, passionate, and driven individuals to join our team in designing world-class academic and research institutions, performing arts and cultural facilities, libraries, community recreation centres, and mixed-use residential buildings.
Role and Key Responsibilities
- Integrate with Revery’s unique approach to design and to the creation of innovative and transformative buildings
- Work with our Principal, senior team members, and the project teams to develop the projects throughout the design phases
- Produce and manage the production drawings and documentation—through the full design process or during a particular stage—in a timely and orderly manner, and in alignment with Revery’s high standard of quality
- Work with large consultant teams to ensure tight coordination of drawings and Revit models
- Lead or support various design components or project activities, spanning from early concept design to construction completion
- Assist in the development of accurate and complete specifications
- Assist in Contract Administration of projects, including site visits, and related office documentation
- Assist in managing and mentoring junior architects
- Solid post-graduate experience in a variety of building typologies, with an emphasis on civic and mixed-use residential developments
- Proficiency in Rhino and Revit
- Ingenuity in coordinating external consultants and translating this information into design documents
- Strong technical capacity for developing building component drawings and details
- Thorough working knowledge of construction practices, materials, and methods
- Outstanding time management skills and self-motivation
- Result-driven, adaptable, team-spirited, and able to offer solutions
- Passionate about learning new technologies and systems
- Understanding of regulatory codes and standards
- Excellent graphic communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and organizational skills, individually and as team player
- Experience from a leading Canadian or international design practice is an asset
- Eligible to legally work in Canada
- Must be registered with the AIBC or eligible to register with the AIBC
Candidate Capabilities and Credentials
Please submit a cover letter describing why you are the perfect fit for this role and for Revery, your resume, and a portfolio of work you are proud of to email@example.com. Please do not call or visit the studio.
While we sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, only those considered for the position will be contacted.