Junior / Intermediate Architect (CA) – The Butterfly
Revery is an award-winning, Vancouver-based, and internationally recognized architecture, interior design, and planning practice, renowned for providing innovative and unique customized solutions for our global clients.
Committed to a philosophy of ‘Building Beyond Buildings’, Revery’s design-oriented studio is passionate about creating exciting and mindful spaces that challenge the norm, exceed expectations, and evoke positive emotions and enriching experiences. Social and Environmental Sustainability, and Material Assembly are lines of inquiry that Revery explores on all projects and that ultimately inform the entire design process.
Our team of 40 hails from 17 countries, contributing to the rich international expertise, multi-cultural understanding, and passion of our firm. We are looking for talented, passionate, and driven individuals to join our team in creating world-class academic and research institutions, performing arts and cultural facilities, libraries, community recreation centres, and mixed-use residential buildings.
Role and Key Responsibilities
This position begins as a support role for Revery’s CA team on the award-winning and highly anticipated Butterfly project (currently under construction in downtown Vancouver with anticipated completion of fall 2023). The successful candidate will work closely with the CA Lead, including site visits and related office documentation for the project.
This is a hands-on, fast-paced role, and an exceptional learning experience with opportunity to help deliver one of the most striking and transformative projects in the city.
- Integrate with Revery’s unique approach to design and to the creation of innovative and transformative buildings
- Work with our Principals, Senior Architects, and the project teams to develop the concept design throughout all design phases of our projects
- Produce drawings and documentation, through the full design process or during a particular stage, in a timely and orderly manner, and in alignment with Revery’s high standard of quality
- Work with large project consultant teams to ensure tight coordination of drawings and Revit models
- Support or lead various design components or project activities, spanning from early concept to completion
- Assist in managing and mentoring junior architects
Candidate Capabilities and Credentials
- CA experience in a support role
- Strong technical capacity for developing building component drawings and details
- Working knowledge of building construction practices and details
- 5+ years of post-graduate experience in a variety of building typologies, with an emphasis on large residential, mixed-use, or civic developments
- Proficiency in Revit and Rhino
- Strong ability to coordinate with external consultants and translate this information into design documents
- Outstanding time management skills and self-motivation
- Result-driven, adaptable, team-spirited, and able to offer solutions
- Passionate about learning new technologies and systems
- Understanding of regulatory codes and standards
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills, individually and as team player
- Experience from a leading Canadian or international design practice is an asset
- Eligible for AIBC Registration (or Registered)
- Eligible to legally work in Canada
- Opportunity to work on transformative, award-winning projects
- Diverse and inclusive workplace culture
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Creative, casual, and fun studio atmosphere
- Opportunity to develop and grow your career as a member of our globally acclaimed team
- The immediate ability to make a difference
- Professional development opportunities
Please submit a cover letter describing why you are the perfect fit for this role and for Revery, your resume, and a portfolio of work you are proud of, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call or visit the studio.
While we sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, only those considered for the position will be contacted.